Tables of Contents service for
Volume 11, Issue 1-2, January/March 1996
- Impact of mining and metallurgical industries on the environment in Poland
- Heavy metal contamination of soils around a Pb-Zn smelter in Bukowno, Poland
Verner, J.F., Ramsey, M.H., Helios-Rybicka, E. and Jedrzejczyk, B.
- Heavy metal pollution in the vicinity of a secondary lead smelter in the Czech Republic
Rieuwerts, J. and Farago, M.
- Distribution and pathways of heavy metals and sulphur in the vicinity of the copper-nickel smelters in Nikel and Zapoljarnij, Kola Peninsula, Russia, as revealed by different sample media
Niskavaara, H., Reimann, C. and Chekushin, V.
- Metal species distribution in top- and sub-soil in an area affected by copper smelter emissions
- Long-term migration of metals at historical smelting sites
Maskall, J., Whitehead, K., Gee, C. and Thornton, I.
- Heavy metal contamination of soils and plants in the vicinity of a lead-zinc mine, Korea
Myung, C.J. and Thornton, I.
- Source identification of Pb-Zn contamination in the Allen Basin, Cornwall, S.W. England
Goodyear, K.L., Ramsey, M.H., Thornton, I. and Rosenbaum, M.S.
- The occurrence and dispersion of potentially toxic elements in areas covered with black shales and slates in Korea
Hyo-Taek, C., Chang-Ho, C., Kyoung-Woong, K. and Hi-Soo, M.
- Heavy metal pollution of soils and crops in Northern Bohemia
Ustyak, S. and Petrikova, V.
- Soil solution chemistry in the profiles of forest and arable light textured soils, S.E. Poland
Smal, H. and Misztal, M.
- Weathering variability and aluminium interlayering: clay mineralogy of podzol profiles in till and glaciofluvial deposits, SW Sweden
Lars-Ove, L. and Stevens, R.L.
- Mobility of rare earth elements during weathering of till in northern Sweden
Ohlander, B., Land, M., Ingri, J. and Widerlund, A.
- Comparison of alternative extraction methods for determining particulate metal fractionation in carbonate-rich Mediterranean soils
Breward, N., Williams, M. and Bradley, D.
- Soil-plant-man relationships in heavy metal polluted areas in Romania
Lacatusu, R., Rauta, C., Carstea, S. and Ghelase, I.
- Interaction between Ca2+ and dissolved organic carbon: implications for metal mobilization
Romkens, P.F., Bril, J. and Salomons, W.
- A method for determining the normative mineralogy of tills
Tarvainen, T., Aatos, S. and Raisanen, M.
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in agricultural soils in Poland: preliminary proposals for criteria to evaluate the level of soil contamination
- Urban soils as pollutant sinks -- a case study from Aberdeen, Scotland
Paterson, E., Sanka, M. and Clark, L.
- Acid deposition and heavy metal mobilization
Wilson, M.J. and Bell, N.
- Effect of acid deposition on soil acidification and metal mobilisation
Mannings, S., Smith, S. and Bell, J.N.B.
- Natively retained sulfate and its effect on the acid buffering capacity of andosols
Fumoto, T., Iwama, H. and Banzai, K.
- Atmospheric element input in the Eastern Ore Mountains
Matschullat, J. and Bozau, E.
- Atmospheric heavy metal deposition in Finland from 1985 to 1990
Kubin, E. and Lippo, H.
- Bioavailability of heavy metals and decontamination of soils by plants
- Macrophytes as indicators of bioavailable Cd, Pb and Zn flow in the river Przemsza, Katowice Region
Lewander, M., Greger, M., Kautsky, L. and Szarek, E.
- Differences in uptake and tolerance to heavy metals in Salix from unpolluted and polluted areas
Landberg, T. and Greger, M.
- Changes in the properties of post-flotation wastes due to vegetation introduced during process of reclamation
- The release and dispersal of Pb and Zn contaminated sediments within an Arctic braided river system
Sear, D. and Carver, S.
- Variability of heavy metals content in bottom sediments of the Wilga River, a tributary of the Vistula River (Krakow area, Poland)
Wardas, M., Budek, L. and Rybicka, E.H.
- Metal fixation and mobilisation in the sediments of the Afon Goch estuary -- Dulas Bay, Anglesey
Parkman, R.H., Curtis, C.D., Vaughan, D.J. and Charnock, J.M.
- Techniques for validating the historic record of lake sediments. A demonstration of their use in the English Lake District
Rae, J.E. and Parker, A.
- The species and geochemical characteristics of heavy metals in the sediments of Kangjiaxi River in the Shuikoushan Mine Area, China
Zhang, L. and Zhao, G.
- The _aczany Weir as a geochemical barrier in the migration of heavy metals
- Metal retention by iron oxide precipitation from acidic ground water in Dalarna, Sweden
Herbert, R.B. Jr
- Hydrogeochemical investigations of an abandoned uranium mine in the Erzgebirge/Germany
- The effect of using different 0.45 m filter membranes on _dissolved_ element concentrations in natural waters
Hall, G.E.M., Bonham-Carter, G.F., Horowitz, A.J., Lum, K., Lemieux, C., Quemerais, B. and Garbarino, J.R.
- Large-scale monitoring in environmental geochemistry
- Use of geological and geochemical data for the derivation of maps for environmental planning in Iisalmi, Finland
Nikkarinen, M., Kauniskangas, E. and Nenonen, K.
- Applicability of overbank sediment for environmental assessment according to wide-spaced sampling in Fennoscandia
Eden, P. and Bjorklund, A.
- The environmental impact of sulphide mines measured with organogenic sampling media
Salminen, R. and Sipila, P.
- Modelling cadmium retention by soils and the effects of aluminium competition
- A study of the Lilla Bredsjon tailings impoundment in mid-Sweden--a comparison of observations with RATAP model simulations
Zhixun, L. and Qvarfort, U.
- Acidification and solubilisation of heavy metals from single and dual-component model solids
Kedziorek, M.A.M. and Bourg, A.C.M.
- Mathematical modelling of a migration process and forecasting solutions for a 1-, 2-, 3-layer subsoil of the aeration zone
Petrova, E.V., Sergeev, V.I. and Shimko, T.G.
- Desorption and diffusion of episodic pollutants in sediments: a 3-phase model applied to Chernobyl 137Cs
Meili, M. and Worman, A.
- Simulation of phosphate transport in sewage-contaminated groundwater, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
- Chemical manipulation of soil for sealing landfills
Smith, D.C. and Fey, M.V.
- Effect of heavy metal contamination on the rate of decomposition of sewage sludge and microbial activity
Filcheva, E., Cheshire, M.V., Campbell, C.D. and McPhail, D.B.
- Remediation of contaminated land by formation of heavy metal phosphates
Cotter-Howells, J. and Caporn, S.
- The suitability of brown coal as a sorbent for heavy metals in polluted soils
Karczewska, A., Chodak, T. and Kaszubkiewicz, J.
- Use of pyrite in the reclamation of degraded calcareous soils
Branco, M.A.C., Balsa, M.E., Gusmao, M.R., Vieira e Silva, J.M., Fernandes, M.L. and Sequeira, E.M.
- Fly ash in Polish building ceramics--threat or proecology?
Wyszomirski, P. and Brylska, E.
- Impacts of mining on the environment; some local, regional and global issues
- Urban Geochemistry: A study of the influence of anthropogenic activity on the heavy metal content of soils in traditionally industrial and non-industrial areas of Britain
Kelly, J., Thornton, I. and Simpson, P.R.
- Direct and residual effects of sulphur pollution on the acidity of a loamy soil
Terelak, H., Motowicka-Terelak, T. and Stuczynski, T.
- Metal distributions in plants growing on copper mine spoils in Northern Apennines, Italy: the evaluation of seasonal variations
Dinelli, E. and Lombini, A.
© Copyright 1996, Elsevier Science, All rights reserved.